FESTIVAL FOCUS ON TRADE WITH CHINA
There will be a huge focus on UK-China trade at the International Business Festival, with up to 200 Chinese delegates converging on Liverpool for the three-week event.
Delegations from areas including Qingdao, Shanghai, Kunming, Tianjin and Shaanxi will join thousands of attendees from across the globe at the event, which has facilitated more than £500m in trade and investment at its previous events.
Among the Chinese parties will be business leaders, academics, senior government officials and representatives of investment agencies, all hoping to build links with British companies and regions.
And delegates will be able to use the Festival’s online platform to see who’ll be in attendance, connect with them and arrange meetings ahead of the June 12 – 28 event.
Some of the world’s most advanced technology will be on display in a UK Innovation Hub, while up to 100 world-leading companies, institutions, and trade and investment bodies will showcase their products and services in an international marketplace.
Among more than 200 speakers examining the latest developments across nine high-growth sectors will be HSBC’s director of China and RMB Internationalisation, Sue Anne Tay. She will examine the impact of the Belt and Road Initiative on June 21.
Meanwhile, the event’s Knowledge Hub will offer practical sessions on leadership and skills, access to finance and market opportunities. These will include workshops on doing business in China and its various key regional markets, delivered by both Festival sponsor HSBC and various regional bodies – see full listings below.
Throughout the Festival an augmented reality Amazing Shanghai exhibition will transport visitors to the streets of this great trading city, promoting its latest tech and highlighting November’s 2018 International Import Expo. The campaign’s launch will be a highlight of an opening day themed around Global Economics.
Full China programme details:
Global Economics Day, 12 June
- 09:30: Terrace, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Foshan sub-Council event
- 10:00-10:20: Knowledge Hub, Doing Business in China (HSBC)
- 11:50-12:15: Knowledge Hub, Doing Business in China Through Qingdao (Qingdao International Economic Cooperation Zone)
- 12:45-13:45: Futures Stage, Amazing Shanghai Launch Ceremony
- 14:00-15:00: Knowledge Hub: Doing Business in China Through Shanghai (Invest Shanghai)
Urbanisation & Cities Day, 13 June
- 09:30-09:50: Knowledge Hub, The Future is Yunnan (ConnectChina)
- 10.00-11.30: Terrace, Kunming City event
Future Transport Day, 19 June
- 10:00-10:20: Knowledge Hub, Doing Business in China, Through Tianjin (Tianjin Municipal Government and Chinese Council for the Promotion of International Trade)
Manufacturing Day, 20 June
- 10:40-11:00: Knowledge Hub, Doing Business in China (HSBC)
Global Logistics & Shipping Day, 21 June
- 10:40-11:40: Futures Stage, The New Silk Roads: Analysing the Belt and Road Initiative (Sue Anne Tay, HSBC)
Creative Industries Day, 27 June
- 09:00-16:30 - Sound City: Discovering Real Business Opportunities in the Asian Market (satellite event, tickets sold separately)
Sport Culture & Travel Day, 28 June
- 11:15-11:35: Knowledge Hub, Doing Business in China, Through Shaanxi Province
* Content and timings subject to change